May 17, 2010

DIYODS Play Kitchen: part III

DIYODS "Do It Your Own Damn Self" Play Kitchen: part III

Remember on the part II post where I said that hinges are evil? Well I further proved that point when I worked on the play kitchen yesterday. It turns out that trying to attach hinged doors to beveled corners is the cause of all my tears. I suppose that is a direct result of me trying to convert a desk into something with doors instead of drawers. ARG!

On to part III:

Yay! The silicone caulking worked! I was actually surprised since the plexi-glass piece was smaller than the hole by about 1/8 of an inch all the way around (oops). The silicone held it in remarkably well so we scraped the excess off the plexi-glass and attached some hinges.



It wasn't easy, but we managed to turn the beveled edge into 90-ish degree angle with the help of some paint sticks. The door doesn't open all the way so next time I will attach the chain I bought in order to stabilize the door against rough use.



The oven door is a bit more secure with a magnetic closure in place.



Now go take a walk...


No comments:

Post a Comment