July 18, 2011

Homesteading

My husband and I have always been interested in "homesteading" but as a renter it's very hard to be self-sufficient. I've always sewn a lot of my own clothes, we have had various patio gardens and grown various vegetables, I sew most of Camster's dolls, felt most of her toys, and repair assorted clothes. It always leaves us wanting to do more for ourselves. What exactly, I don't know.

We have recently come to love our local bookstore "Mountain Bookstore". So far we have gotten these books:



Keeping Bees by Paul Peacock
Keeping Bees by Ashley English


How To Raise Rabbits by Samantha and Daniel Johnson
Modern Homestead by Renee Wilkinson

I'm also on the lookout for a book about making your own yarn rugs or homemade looms and stuff like that. I suppose I could just google it, but there's something about holding a book in your hands and just flipping through the pages. Technology can never take that love of paper away from us.
As I type with my iPad...

- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment