January 15, 2011

My Evening Project

I'm not much of a "quilter" even though the first thing I learned to sew was quilts. I was planning on making this a tutorial, however, I figured if you wanted to make something like this you would already have the basic quilting skills required to put some random shaped blocks together. How's that for a run-on sentence?. So, instead I'm just going to show you what I've been up to.

I've been working on a pretty basic block quilt with embroidered hands in the bigger blocks doing sign language. Each sign is a different word. I am including six of the Camster's favorite signs: tree, book, school (sketch pictured), play, draw, and love. I was given this cute baby sign language fabric by my silly Aunt... one of my many silly aunts... and I thought I had to do something great with it. I saved a huge piece of it to use as backing.





No comments:

Post a Comment