February 12, 2011

Oh My Gawrsh!

I have so much to tell you! But first---

Camster and I watched "The Grinch Grinches The Cat in the Hat" today. I'm sure you all know how mean that grumpy ol' Grinch is... but I can't help but feel so sorry for his little dog. He's always so frumpy and sad. I just want to give him a puppy treat and a hug or something. Geez, doesn't the Grinch know how to take care of a pet properly?

Anyhoo--- I have exciting news! We...are getting... the Internet hooked-up next week! That means I can be a little more consistent in my posting and perhaps even open an Etsy shop. I have a few things together already, but I have SO much more I want to make. My only... one of my problems is that I always want to keep the cute stuff I make.

Also, I think I've mentioned that I have been taking fire dancing "poi" classes from Fiametta Poi since last October. For class we all use "practice poi" which is basically tennis balls on chains. That way nothing accidentally gets caught on fire (including yourself). Well, I just found out that my instructor wants me to practice poi dancing to a particular song to get ready for the real thing. The real thing... as in real poi... as in flaming fire balls on chains that I will be expected to swing and twirl around my body, and head, and hair. Hopefully I can make it through this poi solo of sorts with my eyebrows intact. Cross your fingers for me.

For anyone who has never seen a poi performance, here is a picture of one of my classmates fire dancing.



Now you know my fear. This isn't a long exposure either! I will have Husband record it so I can post a video clip here.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment